This clickable list of love knot crochet resources is mainly to aid students of my classes in exploring more about crocheting love knots (a.k.a. Lover’s knots, Solomon’s knots, knot stitch) at their leisure. You’re welcome to enjoy the links below whether you’ve taken the classes or not. They represent the extra information that doesn’t fit into a standard three-hour class. Some are the names of designers, books, love knot variations, etc., that I may have mentioned in a class.
Below I also include a complete list of my downloadable love knot crochet patterns. In my classes, I show a huge amount of published and unpublished crochet designs to illustrate the stitches we learn in class, and what they can look like when they grow up and become crochet patterns!
Please bookmark this page and check back again. I’ll be updating it with more information as it develops.
You might also be interested in the pages I’m creating for my other class topics:
I wish to specially thank class angels Doris Chan and Stephanie Staltare.
— Vashti Braha
Love Knots: Crochet Class Resources (as of 7/8/2012)
Not yet added: books, designers, etc. Check back!
Note: The Love Knot crochet stitch is also commonly known as Lover’s Knots and Solomon’s Knots; before 1950 it was most commonly known as “Knot Stitch” and occasionally “Hail Stone Stitch.”
My downloadable Love Knot Crochet Patterns:
- Buffalo Knot Belt is my tie-belt version of the Love Knot Foundation Chain free downloadable pdf pattern
- Sparkle Love Knot Lariat is one of my beaded jewelry cords downloadable $1.99 pdf pattern
- Lovepod Boa features a “Lovepod” stitch variation downloadable $4.99 pdf pattern
- Embracelet, an early blogged pattern here.
Love Knot Galleries I’ve compiled from around the internet:
- In Flickr, Crochet Love Knots Gallery
- In Ravelry, search results as of 7/10/12 for all patterns with lovers knot/solomons knot
- In Etsy,
- Nexstitch video “Double Solomons Knot” (uses dc)
- About.com’s: http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa122698.htm
- Annies Attic how to with video
- ARNie’s http://www.chezcrochet.com/page35.html
- http://www.10000greatideas.com/idea.php?idea=1250&latest=latest&sid=1002&s=42&np=20&rn=116 market bag, ‘half knot’ etc
- [Crochet me photo tute 24 Jun 2009 but link doesn’t work Solomon's Knot Tutorial]
Non-English Languages (notes):
- Portuguese: Ponto segredo = solomon’s knot.
- Ponto fantasia? “ponto fantasia em croche” (fantasy point; symbols see http://manequim.abril.com.br/faca-e-use/ponto-a-ponto/ponto_a_ponto_278430.shtml
- http://falandodecrochet.blogspot.com/2010/03/capinha-de-croche-para-bebe-crochet.html baby jacket with picot fans
- Pontos empregados diagram
- Different love knot diagrams and projects! http://falandodecrochet.blogspot.com/2010_09_01_archive.html
- “Arrem. Juntos“? (arrem. together)
- Spanish: “alargar el anillo” = “elongated loop, too general? Brings up broomstick and motifs too. http://bit.ly/Ia6TTV
- Love knot tutorial “punto loco de tejido“?
- Turkish: Oya
- Love Knot Stitch Fashion Clothing Yoke with Roses
- http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa041704.htm 1920s Vintage Knot Stitch Lace Insertion Edging
- http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa040304.htm These 2 edging patterns were originally printed in the book Ripple Sweaters, Yokes & Edgings by Adeline Cordet in the year 1920 (now in the public domain).
- 2010 http://www.crochetspot.com/crochet-pattern-lovers-knot-loop-scarf/
- Fancy LYS yarn http://blog.loopsknitting.com/2009/12/lmkg-20-solomons-knot-scarf.html
- 2011 http://www.crochetspot.com/crochet-pattern-faux-drop-stitch-scarf/
- Nice collage! http://www.crochetconcupiscence.com/2011/09/etsy-crochet-collage-lovers-knots/
- http://www.knitdoctor.com/view/2011/3 Solomon’s Knot Cowl
- 1943 Lover’s Knot Shawl Crochet Pattern http://www.annalaia.com/1943LoversKnotShawlFascinator.html
- Lover’s Knot Solomon’s Knot Celtic Knot Never ending Knot call it what you will
- Linda Permann’s mobius in Simply Crochet book
- Vintage example needing repair http://sunshinescreations.wordpress.com/2008/04/15/
- http://hoganshandiwork.wordpress.com/tag/solomon-knot/page/2/ several entries on love knots.
- James Walters window hanging http://www.crochet.nu/scjwc/work/hangings/index.html excerpt: ”Only Solomon’s Knots show you how the yarn will behave when the individual strands within a stitch are allowed to separate and drape – some want to tension themselves like fine hair-springs from old watches, others are more squidgy and dribbly, and some, if they’re long enough and completely relaxed, will twiddle up into cork-screws.” Solomon’s Knot curtains/drapes - http://www.crochet.nu/scjwc/work/hangings/index.html
- Teresa Richardson baby dress pattern: http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2008/07/blog-post_22.html Her video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8us27gcOPD4 And her ‘knot stitch hat cover’ http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2009/05/knot-stitch-hat-cover.html
- Remarkable: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-yuet-shawl
Beaded Love Knots:
In related textile techniques:
Macrame and Knotting