Updated on 5/31/16. This is a clickable list of love knot crochet resources that I mention in the 21st Century Love Knot Adventures class. Enjoy the links below whether you’ve taken the classes or not.
Included is a list of my downloadable love knot crochet patterns. I show a huge amount of published and unpublished crochet designs in this class to illustrate the stitches we learn in class.
— Vashti Braha
21st Century Love Knot Crochet Class Resources
The Love Knot crochet stitch is also commonly known as Lover’s Knots and Solomon’s Knots; before 1950 it was most commonly known as “Knot Stitch” and occasionally “Hail Stone Stitch.”
My downloadable Love Knot Crochet Patterns:
- Electra Love Knot Wrap: pattern here. Recommended blog post here.
- Fish Lips Lace Scarf to Shrug: pattern here.
- Sister Act: Convertible Love Knot Shawl and Shrug: pattern info here.
- Buffalo Knot Belt is my tie-belt version of the Love Knot Foundation Chain free downloadable pdf pattern
- Sparkle Love Knot Lariat is one of my beaded jewelry cords downloadable $1.99 pdf pattern
- Lovepod Boa features a “Lovepod” stitch variation downloadable $4.99 pdf pattern
- Embracelet, one of my first love knot designs. A free blogged pattern here.
Recommended Crochet Inspirations Newsletter issues:
- #39, “Love Knots Old and New”
- #40, “Why Not Pull Up a Long Loop?” (love knot lookalikes)
- #51, “Lacy Seams” (features Fish Lips Convertible Shrug and Doris Chan’s love knot skirt.)
Love Knot Collections I’ve compiled from around the internet
- Recommended: my “Love Knots Old & New” Pinterest board.
- In Flickr, Crochet Love Knots Gallery.
- Fun! In Ravelry, search results for all patterns with lovers knot/solomon’s knot in order of the most recently published first (385 patterns as of 5/31/16). Here are search results for all love knot projects in Ravelry in order of most favorited first.
- Recommended! three-part how-to post at my Crochet Pattern Companion blog.
- Annies Attic how to with video
- ARNie’s http://www.chezcrochet.com/page35.html
Non-English Languages (notes):
- Portuguese: Ponto segredo = solomon’s knot.
- Ponto fantasia? “ponto fantasia em croche” (fantasy point; symbols see http://manequim.abril.com.br/faca-e-use/ponto-a-ponto/ponto_a_ponto_278430.shtml
- http://falandodecrochet.blogspot.com/2010/03/capinha-de-croche-para-bebe-crochet.html baby jacket with picot fans
- “Arrem. Juntos“? (arrem. together)
- Spanish: “alargar el anillo” = “elongated loop, too general? (Broomstick lace and motifs too.)
- Love knot tutorial “punto loco de tejido“?
- Turkish: Oya
Beaded Love Knots:
Online Love Knot crochet patterns compiled in 2012
All links work as of 5/31/16
- Two edging patterns were originally printed in the book Ripple Sweaters, Yokes & Edgings by Adeline Cordet in the year 1920 (now in the public domain).
- 2010 http://www.crochetspot.com/crochet-pattern-lovers-knot-loop-scarf/
- 2011 http://www.crochetspot.com/crochet-pattern-faux-drop-stitch-scarf/
- Nice collage! http://www.crochetconcupiscence.com/2011/09/etsy-crochet-collage-lovers-knots/
- 1943 Lover’s Knot Shawl Crochet Pattern http://www.annalaia.com/1943LoversKnotShawlFascinator.html
- Scroll down a bit: http://mcinva-roomontheleft.blogspot.com/2011/05/no-ufos-here.html
- James Walters’ Solomon’s Knot window hanging http://www.crochet.nu/scjwc/work/hangings/index.html. Excerpt: Only Solomon’s Knots show you how the yarn will behave when the individual strands within a stitch are allowed to separate and drape – some want to tension themselves like fine hair-springs from old watches, others are more squidgy and dribbly, and some, if they’re long enough and completely relaxed, will twiddle up into cork-screws.
- Teresa Richardson baby dress pattern: http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2008/07/blog-post_22.html Her video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8us27gcOPD4 And her ‘knot stitch hat cover’ http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2009/05/knot-stitch-hat-cover.html
- Remarkable and unique: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-yuet-shawl