Clickable resources for my 2016 Starwirbel class (How to Shape Spiraling Star Stitches). Includes patterns for designs shown, and inspiration for new projects and variations. Also articles & books recommended in class. Click an image to enlarge it.
Note: sorry, this class SOLD OUT in April, but keep checking back at the registration page. Sometimes a space opens up.
Crochet Patterns & Crochet Alongs:
- Download the Starwirbel crochet pattern at DesigningVashti.com or in Ravelry.
- Crochet Along: The Starwirbel CAL (a source of some great info!)
- Looking for a different star stitch pattern? See all of Vashti’s published and unpublished star stitch designs at this self-updating Ravelry link.
Recommended Issues of Vashti’s Crochet Inspirations Newsletter:
- Issue #73 “How to Shape Star Stitches“
- Issue #60 “Star Stitch Lace Pretties“
- Issue #70 “Starting a Stitch with a Backtrack!“
Starwirbel Class, Blogged:
- “Shaped Star Stitch Swatch” (A backlit Starwirbel disk swatch)
- “Foundation Star Stitch Love!” (Also a test of a promising alternate yarn for Starwirbel)
- “Crochet Star Stitch How-To, An All-purpose Guide“
- “Two Free Victorian Pattern Books That I Love” (Especially for their antique star stitches)
- “I Wore Starwirbel as a Ponytail Lace Veil“
- The Original 2014 “Star Stitch Class Resources“
Inspiration Boards for this Class
- Star Stitch Crocheting (Featured by Pinterest: “We think your board is amazing, and it really demonstrates what Pinterest is all about!”)
- My Star Stitches Flickr album since 2013.