Updated on 4/16/18. View the above image full size. This is a conveniently clickable group of things I mention and display in Creative Planned Color Pooling classes. I teach the next one on July 28, 2018 in Portland OR. This page will likely be updated again before class time and possibly after. — Vashti Braha
📌 Thinking of signing up for this class? My Color Pooling Developments blog post was written with you in mind.
Crochet Patterns & Crochet Alongs
- Jempool pattern. It’s the blue scarf on the left in the above photo.
- Crochet Along: The Jempool CAL (a source of some great info!)
- See all of Vashti’s color pooling projects and swatches at this self-updating Ravelry link (log in to Ravelry first to see all of them).
- Crochet to the Color Playbook pattern set. (This is a freeform “stitch pooling” way to modify accidental pooling, rather than doing planned pooling.)
Recommended Issues of Vashti’s Crochet Inspirations Newsletter
- Issue #77 “Find the Color Code of Short Striping Yarns“
- Issue #78 “Möbius Mind-bending Experiences“
- Issue #30 “Yarns of Different Stripes” (gradient, tonal, and long-striping yarns)
Pooling Classes, Blogged
- “Color Pooling Developments” newest 2018 post.
- “Color Pooling Crochet Stitch Games-Class/Planned vs. Accidental“
- “Hand Dyed Yarn Three Ways“
- “Today’s Sarasota Yarn Shop Class“
- “Knit and Crochet Books: Stitch Games Class” (See the 6 starred ones out of a list of 17.)
- “Crochet Class Yarn Sponsor: Lorna’s Laces!“
- “Crochet Class Pattern Galleries” (Featured example is from the Stitch Games class handout.)
- “Day 1 of 50: Crochet Conference Prep” (all about yarn sponsorship for the Stitch Games class.)
- “Crochet Along Shaping Thoughts–Jempool CAL“
- The Original 2016 “Crochet Stitch Games: Class Resources” page (see image).
Photo Albums & Inspiration Boards
- Online photo album for this class 2016 to the present (Flickr).
- Color & Stitch Games inspiration board (Pinterest).
- Self-Shading, Long-Striping Yarns inspiration board (Pinterest).
- It’s the Yarn inspiration board (Pinterest).
- Color FX with Crochet Stitches inspiration board (Pinterest).
- Wearable Simple Shapes to Crochet inspiration board (Pinterest).
- Color Blocks of Simple Textures inspiration board (Pinterest).
- Vashti’s Crochet Classes inspiration board (Pinterest).
Any Books on Planned Pooling with Crochet?
- Found one! Yarn Pooling Made Easy by Marly Bird. Published by Leisure Arts, 2017.
Color Pooling Crocheters and Knitters
- Pooled Knits Ravelry group
- Planned pooling crochet patterns: Ravelry doesn’t seem to have a category for this technique yet, so I used the keyword “pooling”. Of 23 search results it looks like 20 are true planned pooling. Of these, 17 are argyles, and most appear to be seed stitch (as of 4/16/18). This is a self-updating link.
- Planned pooling knitting patterns: as with the crochet search link above, I used a keyword search and the link is self updating. Of the 91 results (as of 4/16/18), about 80 are true planned pooling designs.
- Karla Stuebing’s 2013 article, “Art and Science of Planned Pooling.” It’s about knitting but very inspiring for crochet.
- I expect to add more articles and blog posts written by others as I finish updating the July 2018 class handout. Between 2016 and now, planned pooling has become a popular technique!