Updated on 4/05/18. View the above image full size. This is a conveniently clickable group of things I mention in 21st Century Love Knot Adventures classes. I teach the next one on July 25, 2018 in Portland OR. See student feedback. I show a huge amount of published and unpublished crochet designs in this class! Each illustrates the stitches and techniques learned. Included is a list of my downloadable love knot crochet patterns. — Vashti Braha
21st Century Love Knot Adventures
In crochet, the Love Knot is also known as Lover’s Knots and Solomon’s Knots. Before 1950 it was most commonly known as “Knot Stitch” and occasionally “Hail Stone Stitch.”
Downloadable Love Knot Crochet Patterns
- Lovelace Ring Scarf pattern. Recommended blog post.
- Lovebud Vines (jewelry component) is part of the Candied Color Charms pattern set.
- Electra Love Knot Wrap pattern. Recommended blog post.
- Fish Lips Lace Scarf to Shrug pattern.
- Sister Act: Convertible Love Knot Shawl and Shrug pattern info. Recommended blog post.
- Buffalo Knot Belt is my tie-belt version of the Love Knot Foundation. Free downloadable pattern.
- Sparkle Love Knot Lariat is a simple beaded jewelry cord. Pattern.
- Lovepod Boa features a “Lovepod” stitch variation: pattern.
- Embracelet is one of my first love knot designs. A free blogged pattern here. Also see this tutorial!
Crochet Inspirations Newsletter Archive
- #39, “Love Knots Old and New”
- #40, “Why Not Pull Up a Long Loop?” (love knot lookalikes)
- #51, “Lacy Seams” (features Fish Lips Convertible Shrug and Doris Chan‘s love knot skirt.)
Online Love Knot Collections
- Recommended: my “Love Knots Old & New” Pinterest board.
- A Crochet Love Knots Gallery I created in Flickr back in 2012.
- Fun! These are self-updating search results in Ravelry. All patterns with lovers knot/solomon’s knot in order of the most recently published first (437 patterns as of 4/05/18; it was 385 patterns as of 5/31/16). Here are search results for all love knot projects in order of most favorited first.
- Recommended! I updated and expanded the first two parts of this 3-part how-to post at my older blog.
- Annies Attic how to with video
- ARNie’s http://www.chezcrochet.com/page35.html
Non-English Terms (notes)
- Portuguese: Ponto segredo = solomon’s knot.
- Ponto fantasia? “ponto fantasia em croche” (fantasy point)
- Interesting baby jacket with picot fans: http://falandodecrochet.blogspot.com/2010/03/capinha-de-croche-para-bebe-crochet.html
- “Arrem. Juntos“? (arrem. together)
- Spanish: “alargar el anillo” = “elongated loop, too general? (Broomstick lace and motifs too.)
- Love knot tutorial “punto loco de tejido“?
- Turkish: Oya
?Beaded Love Knots
Online Love Knot Crochet Patterns
First compiled for 2012 class; all links work as of 4/05/18
- Two edging patterns were originally printed in the book Ripple Sweaters, Yokes & Edgings by Adeline Cordet in the year 1920 (now in the public domain).
- 2010 http://www.crochetspot.com/crochet-pattern-lovers-knot-loop-scarf/
- 2011 http://www.crochetspot.com/crochet-pattern-faux-drop-stitch-scarf/
- Nice collage! http://www.crochetconcupiscence.com/2011/09/etsy-crochet-collage-lovers-knots/
- 1943 Lover’s Knot Shawl Crochet Pattern http://www.annalaia.com/1943LoversKnotShawlFascinator.html
- Scroll down a bit: http://mcinva-roomontheleft.blogspot.com/2011/05/no-ufos-here.html
- James Walters’ Solomon’s Knot window hanging http://www.crochet.nu/scjwc/work/hangings/index.html. Excerpt: Only Solomon’s Knots show you how the yarn will behave when the individual strands within a stitch are allowed to separate and drape – some want to tension themselves like fine hair-springs from old watches, others are more squidgy and dribbly, and some, if they’re long enough and completely relaxed, will twiddle up into cork-screws.
- Remarkable and unique shawl by Rachel Choi! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-yuet-shawl
- Teresa Richardson baby dress pattern: http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2008/07/blog-post_22.html Her video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8us27gcOPD4 And her ‘knot stitch hat cover’ http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2009/05/knot-stitch-hat-cover.html